Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Cashmere Mafia is born.

So, I'm Ashlee. I'm seventeen & I live in Texas. I'm currently a senior at the largest high school in my state & will soon be going to a college near the coast. [: I had the idea for this blog after reading many other fashion & beauty blogs (check out the "Hit List" on the right!) and noticing that none seemed to be aimed at teens. This isn't to say that these blogs are "bad," quite the contrary. I enjoy these blogs fully, hence why I wanted to start my own. I didn't want to go it alone, however, so I teamed up with four other friends & then, The Cashmere Mafia was born! I intend to use this blog not only to show my outfits, give advice, thoughts, et cetera, but also as a way to track my progression from the style I have now to the style I want. My current style is very laid-back and easy. Think jeans, sneakers, and fitted tees. I'm looking to move to something less boring, more girly, just generally more "me." As Laura Bennett put it, "I'm going for a simple, elegant and classic easy style."



Kick off your stilletos;
Hey dolls, I'm Ashley. I'm 15 yrs old [soon to be 16] and I pretty much love fashion which is why I decided to become a part of this blog. My style is pretty much preppy&vintage and it has been that way ever since I can remember. My style itself hasn't changed, but I always update it to fit the lastest trends :]I usually get a lot of my style ideas from Vogue, and Seventeen magazine. My friends always tell me I'm such a fashionista because I'm always getting dressed up. Even if I'm just staying home all day. I'm hoping that this blog will give me a chance to enhance my fashion style & maybe give me some cute ideas for different outfits :]


Hello ladies, and maybe some gentlemen. I'm Liana (lee-anna). I'm a sophomore, soon to be turning 16 in exactly two months. I absolutely adore fashion. I love watching runway shows, and I love to think of new ways to wear my clothes. I don't like shopping, because I hate trying clothes on, which is why I resort to online shopping. I would like to think that my style is classy yet casual. I don't seek fashion inspiration or trend ideas from magazines, because I find them boring to read. I only get magazines such as Seventeen for the health and love sections. I love oversized bags and totes, but I hate carrying them, because I never have anything to put in them, and I find them to be a bit of a hassle. I love wearing the color black, not because I'm "emo", but because I believe black is an extremely classy color. I believe that every girl should have at least one pair of dark-washed skinny jeans, a pair of black pumps, colored tights, and an LBD.


Hey everyone! I'm Alison, and I hail from Ontario, Canada. I would describe my style as all over the place (but never tacky...well, not usually). I'm trying to find my signature"look". I'd like to say ladylike and put together, but I'm the type of girl whose nails are usually chipped and whose stockings usually have a run in them. I like quirky vintage clothes paired with more modern pieces so that it doesn't get too costumey. So I'd say girly with a twist. I shop everywhere, from Hollister to thrift stores to American Apparel, though I am interested in becoming a more concious consumer and buying environmentally friendly and sweatshop-free clothing (so, I can feel less guilty about my shopping...haha). Above all, I like to feel comfortable in my clothes, because feeling comfortable makes you feel confident and being confident is always in fashion. Though I sometimes make mistakes (let's not repeat the Day-Glo legwarmers of grade 7 incident, EVER, again.) I always find that is way more fun than being boring!

0 comments: